Trying to Choose a Transportation Management Company for your Next Convention or Meeting? Test them out first!
Meeting planners who are tasked with the job of selecting a ground transportation company for large events or meetings may have a difficult time differentiating one company’s services from another. So how can meeting planners evaluate companies on elements other than cost?
The answer is simple: First test them out during a small meeting or event.
If you are focused on both price and service, the best way to get a sense of quality of service is by trying out a couple of companies before hiring one for your larger and more important meetings.
Do you have a smaller meeting requiring just a couple of buses – perhaps an advocacy day on Capitol Hill in Washington D.C. or a dinner event in Boston? Use one of those meetings as an opportunity to test out the transportation management companies in your consideration set.
While you’re testing a company out – pay attention to the following:
• Does the staff seem to have deep knowledge of the city and any regulations that impact transportation planning?
• Was a dedicated account representative assigned and available before, during and after the event?
• Did they respond to your questions promptly?
• Did they follow up after the event and ask for feedback?
• Was the transportation equipment new and safe?
• Did they pay attention to the details that mattered to you?
• Did they appear to be organized?
• Were the drivers provided with the information they needed to know to execute your trip as planned?
• Were they flexible and attentive to your special needs or last-minute requests?
While transportation management companies generally have the same business model, they are not created equal when it comes to service. This is why it makes sense to take a test drive first. Plus, if you have several positive experiences on a smaller scale, you will then have more options to choose from in the future.
Give Event Transportation Systems a Try
For more information about ground transportation, including airport transfers, VIP limo service, shuttle services and off-site transportation, or to give us a try, please contact ETS.