Thinking of Hiring a Transportation Management Company for your Next Meeting or Event?
Use this checklist to ensure you have all the details covered.
If you’ve thought about managing shuttle transportation for a large meeting or event yourself, consider all the details involved in this effort, and then think again! It takes a significant amount of time and effort to plan and execute a transportation plan, and experienced transportation management companies, such as Event Transportation Systems (ETS), can take all these details off your desk so you can focus on the other critical parts of your meeting.
Checklist for Hiring the Right Transportation Company
To help you select the right transportation company, ETS offers this quick checklist of what you should look for and expect from your transportation partner:
Experience in Hiring and Managing Local Bus Vendors
A considerable amount of time is required to plan and execute a transportation system that safely and efficiently moves meeting attendees to and from hotels, meeting venues and special event locations. And local bus companies, although they are experienced in providing bus transportation, have little to no experience in meeting planning, and limited interest in assisting with the details related to your meeting or event. A professional transportation management company can manage everything and ensure a flawless execution.
Your transportation management company should assist with:
- Traffic flow analysis and route planning.
- Consultation on hotel selections to make transportation routes more efficient and cost effective.
- Vetting bus vendors to ensure they have a satisfactory safety record, meet all federal and state operational requirements, and provide modern, fuel-efficient vehicles.
- Negotiating best rates on your behalf.
- Coordinating with local authorities for necessary permits, requesting police assistance for special events, and understanding local laws that may have an impact, such as idling.
- Creating emergency contingency plans.
- Budget development.
- Cost-saving recommendations.
Your transportation management company should offer:
- One-stop shopping for all types of transportation, from shuttles and airport transfers to special event and VIP transportation.
- One point of contact for all your transportation needs (we coordinate with bus vendors, drivers, attendees, special event planners and staff).
- Management of all details, taking the job off the meeting planner’s desk.
- Design and printing of accurate shuttle schedules, and placement of them at hotels and the meeting venue.
Staffing and Execution
Your transportation management company should provide:
- Professional, experienced staff, trained to respond to a variety of situations.
- Onsite staff 24/7 during your event or meeting.
- Direct responses to attendee inquiries, requests and onsite needs.
- Response to any last minute bus or route changes (event changes, road closings, construction, etc.).
Event Transportation Systems Offers Even More…
In addition to all the above-listed services, Event Transportation Systems (ETS) has developed new technology to support even more-efficient transportation planning, including a GPS system to track and manage shuttle routes, and automated reporting for more accurate passenger counts. ETS can also provide optional sponsorship programs, including shuttle graphic advertising and sponsored video programs, designed to fund a portion of shuttle transportation costs.
ETS provides the experience and professionalism that our clients can rely on time and time again to support successful events and meetings. Contact us for a free consultation.