10 Tips for Event Transportation, California’s New Shuttle Mandate, and an Incredible Experience at HIMMS 2019
By |March 22, 2019
Care about your attendees’ experience?
Consider these transportation tips from Event Manager Blog.
- Transportation is a big part of your event (think: one of the top 10 expenses on your budget sheet).
- Your attendees have many options for getting to your host city, venue, hotels, and other events.
- Event Manager Blog’s Kelli White walks you through some of the crucial elements to think through early on in your planning process to make sure your transportation experience is smooth and enjoyable for attendees.
How will environmental regulation shape the future of conference transportation?
Electric coaches are on the horizon thanks to new mandates.
- As meeting planners are tasked with reducing the carbon footprint on their meetings, major vehicle manufacturers are in various stages of development, testing, and distribution of electric vehicles in the North American market.
- The timetable is now clear for when electric coaches will make their way to companies who service the meetings industry, but the public sector is pushing for it sooner than later.
- MCI is one major manufacturer of coaches used in the meetings industry addressing the push for reducing emissions through electric vehicle innovation in conjunction with new initiatives from the California Air Resources Board, which voted to mandate that all transit agencies in California operate 100% zero-emission transit buses by 2040.
Heard of HIMSS Global Conference & Exhibition?
ETS provided transportation to 45,000+ attendees last week.
- HIMSS is the leading health information and technology conference, bringing together 45,000+ health information and technology professional clinicians, executives and market suppliers from around the world.
- ETS managed 17 routes, delivered full shuttle graphics on multiple buses, ran video on the majority of buses, and had over 100 buses going at once during peak hours.
- We snapped some photos of the experience for your viewing pleasure.
Want Monthly Reading Recommendations?
Subscribe to receive our newsletter, the Shuttle Stop.
- We send links to three articles, resources, or fun updates every month.
- Perfect for event professionals looking to transform their meetings through transportation.
- We never send spam, only resources that are interesting to event professionals like you!