Planning Transportation for Your Next Event? You Need More Than a Bus Company
The transportation component of your meeting or event is too important not to consider all the aspects that must go into planning a successful event. Some companies simply provide equipment and drivers while others, like Event Transportation Systems (ETS), manage all the details including hotel selection, route planning, emergency planning, and sourcing of equipment and staff. So based on our experience, here are some tips for hiring a transportation provider that will reduce your workload rather than add to it:
• Look for an event transportation management specialist; a company that focuses on large events like yours.
• Look for years of experience in event transportation management and solutions. Ask how the company can help you develop a strategic plan and troubleshoot for potential emergency situations.
• Look for a deep local knowledge about destinations. Your transportation management providers should not only know about venues and tourism options, they should have a mastery of hotel locations, street grid and traffic patterns in order to plan the best and most efficient routes.
• Look for technology. The latest GPS products allow for real-time scheduling, offering efficiency and convenience for both meeting planners and attendees.
• Look for attention to detail. Only an experienced transportation planner knows the intricacies of creating a successful event, down to the smallest detail. You won’t want to trust your attendees or VIPs to less-than-stellar service.
• Look for cost-effective solutions. A good transportation provider will offer money-saving solutions based on their knowledge of the destination and their relationships with key vendors.
• Look for support before, during and after your event. Rely on a company who is on call around the clock, and one that provides experienced staffing at your event to assist with all aspects of your transportation needs.
For more than 35 years, Event Transportation Systems has been providing shuttle service, VIP sedan services, airport transfers, special tour and offside event transportation for the convention, meeting and event planning marketplace throughout the United States and Canada. Led by an experienced leadership team, we offer the bespoke attention to detail and seamless delivery that keeps our clients returning to us year after year.
When you are planning your next event, give ETS a call.