Boston was founded early in our country’s history—in 1630—only ten years after the Pilgrims landed at Plymouth Rock. Over the centuries, Boston grew as a popular port and harbor town. The city is almost completely surrounded by water, with the Atlantic Ocean on two sides and the Charles River running around the back and offers many water activities, venues and views.
Over 18 million people visit the city each year for events such as the Boston Marathon, Head of the Charles Regatta, Harborfest and Independence Day celebrations. Many people also make their way there for events, conventions and business meetings.
- Joine Mathematics Meeting (7,000+ attendees)
- International Boston Seafood Show (19,000+ attendees)
- Anime (22,000+ attendees)
- American Physical Society (9,700+ attendees)
- Pediatric Academic Societies (8,400+ attendees)
Convention and Event Facilities in Boston
In the greater Boston metro area there are more than 125 hotels to choose from, with flexible meeting spaces that can host events up to 10,000 people. The area is home to more than 60 colleges and universities, making it a fantastic location for acquiring guest speakers and attendees. Nearby Cambridge, MA is the East Coast’s leading hub for high tech and biotech and home to Harvard College and MIT.
- Easy access by sea, land or air
- Major convention centers
- More than 30,000 hotel rooms
- Centuries of national history and culture
- A true walking city due to its long, early history
- Exciting entertainment and night life scene
Event Transportation Systems is a full-service destination transportation company in Boston with more than 35 years of experience. Their drivers know the city well and will provide custom solutions such as shuttle transportation for corporate and association meetings and conventions, airport transportation, executive service, special event and tour transportation services, as well as conference and bus advertising and promotional video opportunities.